Members of the Rail, Maritime and Transport union were due to stage a series of walkouts from next Monday evening, threatening travel chaos for passengers including tennis fans going to the Wimbledon championships.
The union said tonight that the strikes had been called off after LU agreed to reinstate Arwyn Thomas, who yesterday won his employment tribunal claim of unfair dismissal.
Mr Thomas won his employment tribunal claim, but it did not recommend that he should be reinstated, which the union has been demanding.
RMT leaders were meeting LU bosses today to try to resolve the row and head off the strikes, which were due from 9.01pm next Monday to 11.59am on Tuesday, a 24-hour walkout from noon on June 29 and a nine-hour stoppage from noon on July 1.
Transport for London said Mr Thomas had been offered re-employment, with a number of conditions that “recognised the seriousness” of his offence.